Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gearin Up!

As we prepare to hit the road Monday, I wanted to share some last minute thoughts before we leave. Now that Mardi Gras is behind us, things have started to get back to normal. I've tried to fit in as much practice as possible in between all the parades and bad weather. Not that I was at all the parades, or any for that matter, but just living in New Orleans makes you feel the affects of Mardi Gras.

First off, I'm happy to say that my putting is getting better. If any of the rounds I've played lately are any indication then there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The new putter I've been working with seems to be giving me a better feel for the greens and more speed control. I'm finally starting to make some putts outside of 10ft and the 4 and 5 footers for par. I'm confident that the changes I've made will be very helpful going forward.

My swing has been as good as ever, and I think I can finally start to use the word "consistent" when describing my ball striking. I've got a good pattern going with my shots and I'm hitting it more solid than I ever have before. There was a tiny slump earlier in the week where I was struggling a bit. I was slipping back into some old habits, but after two solid days of practice yesterday and today, I'm back on track.

Monday, we leave for Alexandria, LA which is the location of my next tournament. It's the first Adam's Tour event of the year and so far it seems like it's going to be a full and exciting event. They've got practice rounds scheduled for Monday and late-afternoon Tuesday. The first round starts Wednesday. That's it for now. I'll have another update Tuesday night before the tournament. 'Til then......

No comments:

Post a Comment