Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Adam's Tour Southwest Louisiana Open (Lake Charles, LA) - Preview

We're here in Lake Charles, LA getting ready for the start of the next Adam's Tour event. The course we're playing is called The National Golf Club of Louisiana. This is one of the tournaments that I played last year, so I'm hoping that having a few rounds under my belt will help me this week.

Yesterday was the designated "practice round" day, and since I was in Lafayette, I wasn't able to play. Then today, the tour had their pro-am which took up the course almost the entire day. So, I was not able to get in a practice round before tomorrow and instead took a cart out late this evening and just road around. After seeing all the holes again, I feel like I've got a good game plan for the week and not playing a practice round shouldn't have any affect on how I play.

I was able to spend a few hours practicing this afternoon and I'm hoping that I may have figured out something that has been causing some of the struggles I've been having with my swing. Hopefully, I'm not speaking to soon, but I was pleased with the way I was hitting towards the end of my practice session. Also, the greens are in great shape so I expect my putting to only get better.

The winds are supposed to be up throughout the rest of this tournament. They're expecting gusts around 30mph which should make the course play pretty interesting. I'm off early tomorrow (8:30) so maybe I'll be able to get in 9 holes before the wind starts really blowing. Hope all is well with everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment