Friday, March 18, 2011

Adam's Tour - Coca Cola Classic - Second & Third Rounds

Its hard getting a blog posted without having the internet and use of my laptop so here is a summary from yesterday and today. Yesterday was certainly better than the first. I was driving the ball better and finding the fairway more often. Because of that, I was able to attack more pins and wound up with 5 birdies for the day and a score of 70. It was good enough to make the cut by a shot. After two rounds, I felt like my putter had allowed me to get the most out of my rounds as possible. Not something I've ever been able to say before. In fact, after holing about a 30 footer on #18 for birdie, one of my playing partners uttered the words "man that was someputting" which was definitely the first time someone has ever said that about me. I couldn't help but smile.

Today, I was back fighting my swing again and really struggled to put the ball in positions to make birdies. Every now and then I would hit a good shot but it wasn't enough to get anything going. Finally, by the 14th hole I started feeling a little more in control and was able to reel off birdies on three of the last four holes for a second consecutive round of 70.

I'm definitely pleased to be where I'm at right now all things considered. For once, my swing has been costing me shots whereas my putting is helping me save shots. There's no telling what could happen if I put together a complete round here one of these days. I'll have one more shot tomorrow to really move up the leaderboard and finish this tournament off properly. I guess we'll just have to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment