Friday, March 25, 2011

Adam's Tour Southwest Louisiana Open (Lake Charles, LA) - Second Round

Score: 82

It just wasn't going to happen. I'd reached the end of what I was able to milk out of the broken swing I was left to play with. Looking back, I wish I would of stayed a little more patient starting out in the second round. I knew I was going to have to shoot under par, but I just didn't know how much. After birdieing the first hole, I thought there was going to be a chance to put something together. However, it seemed like I was just shy of having enough control over my ball to squeeze out more than 1 good shot for every 5 taken. Once I made my first bogey, I felt like I had to birdie every hole.

From there on in, I was giving three or four shots back after every time I made a birdie. It was a combination of a slightly too aggressive game plan and not hitting it well enough to execute that game plan. And by the end of the round, I was hitting driver everywhere just trying to force a miracle.....it just wasn't meant to be.

We drove back to New Orleans this morning, and I've already had a "looksy" from Brian out here at English Turn. After 10 minutes, we had diagnosed the problem and I left the range today feeling better than ever. If only I knew a week ago what I know now, I might be writing this blog about how I am in contention to win tomorrow instead of sitting here at home two days earlier than I'd like to be.

But, I'm taking this situation and only looking forward. I've been saying throughout these last two weeks how if I could get my swing back to match my putting, I could find myself seriously competing in one of these next few tournaments. Still, it was nice to see some balls go in the hole and for once say that my putter actually helped me instead of the opposite. Now that it feels like I'm headed in a direction to finally put all the pieces of the puzzle together, who knows what could happen. I do know that the PGA Tour Zurich Qualifier is just around the corner and something tells me this could be the year. It's time to take my game to the next level and set higher expectations. At least that's what I think.

There are few things I might look into playing between now and the Qualifier, but so far that's the only thing written in stone. I'll definitely be home for at least a week before anything potentially comes up, so that means there will be a lot of practicing and playing in the near future. Thanks to everyone who continues to follow and support me in this journey to the PGA Tour. All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment