Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Adam's Tour Southwest Louisiana Open (Lake Charles, LA) - First Round

Score: 76

I spoke to soon. Today was again a struggle with my swing and this time I wasn't able to save the round. I guess in a way I did a little cause it felt like my score could of been higher. I did have two 3-putts which should of been avoided, but it was all in all a bad day.

I started my round on the back nine and was never able to get anything going. Every hole I felt like I was fighting for pars, so there were no birdies to be found. This course is a lot more penal off the tee for errant shots and needless to say that was the biggest issue for me on the day. However, when I made the turn, I still felt like there was a chance I could get a few strokes back because the front nine is the easier side.

Unfortunately, it was more of the same except I was able to avoid making bogey's for the most part. There were some better shots there on the front side, but nothing that sparked the beginning of anything consistent. When I did find myself with a birdie putt, it seemed like I was always in that 25ft range and was never able to get one to fall. I did finally avoid getting shut out on the day by making birdie on the par-5 8th, but gave it right back with a 3-putt on the 9th (my last hole of the day).

After shooting 76, I'm certainly not out of range of making the cut, but I'm going to need something under par tomorrow. The course is playing pretty tough and the greens are hard and fast. I would think that if I can get back to +2 over that should be good. Hopefully, some of the things I was working on this afternoon after my round will be the start of better ball striking to come. My tee time tomorrow is 1:00 off #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment