Saturday, March 19, 2011

Adam's Tour - Coca Cola Classic - Final Round

Score: 73

Well, today was much the same as the previous three. It was again a battle with my swing trying to find some consistency. The day started out promising as I played the first three holes well executing every shot and just nearly missing a couple good looks at birdie. From there, things started to get a little shaky. I ended up making four bogeys on my first nine holes by way of some wayward shots and a three-putt on the 9th hole.

As I made the turn, I kept telling myself that I had been making birdies throughout this tournament and today was going to be no different. In my mind, all I was thinking was that I was going to make 5 birdies on the back side. After birdieing the first three holes, I was on a mission to birdie every hole. Another birdie on #5, and I was one shy of my goal. Unfortunately, I made two careless mistakes on holes #6 and #7 giving back a couple bogeys before birdieing the 18th hole to make number five. I was very proud of the way I fought back and remained positive after a poor front nine.

Overall, it was a successful week. I was able to get the most out of my rounds with the cards that I was dealt. It was certainly not my best ball striking week, but definitely one of the better putting tournaments I've had in a very long time. With the 73 today, I finished at -2 under for the tournament and in a tie for 35th place. Its a start, but there's still plenty of work to do before I'm able to put myself in position to really compete.

I'm now in Lafayette getting ready to play a practice round tomorrow. Monday is the qualifier for the Nationwide Tour event here in town. There are about 90 guys for 7 spots so I'll need to tighten my game up if I want to make it through. More to come on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment