Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Adam's Tour - Bay Oaks Championship - Preview

Well, we made it back from Vegas safe and sound, and now Erika and I are in Clear Lake, Texas. This week, I'm playing in an Adam's Tour event here just outside of Houston at Bay Oaks Country Club. We arrived in town yesterday afternoon which gave me enough time to play 9 holes and get a feel for the course. Today, I was able to play the back nine and then get in some work on the driving range and putting green.

After 18 holes, I have to say that this is a very fair golf course. It's not long by any means, but has just enough character to make you pay attention on every shot. The golf course doesn't have anything really "special", but instead, it's got 18 solid golf holes. Every hole is playable, and with a well-placed tee shot, there are birdies to be made. I liked how every par-5 was reachable in two, and the par-3's were at good yardages to attack if necessary. There are some out-of-bounds and water throughout the course, but it's not nearly as tight as some others I've played in the past. I'd say this courses' toughest defense is the rough. They've grown it up around the greens which will make for some tough up-and-downs. The good news is the greens are in good shape so I'm hoping the putts will start fall.

Tomorrow's tee time is 9:10 off #1. This would be the perfect round to start this summer off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment